The Internet has diversified the number of things that one can do to earn a living, but YouTube videos can be an invaluable team for your music career. Previously, it was almost impossible to think of a future where one could earn a decent amount by making videos about things they were passionate about. However, all of that has changed drastically. The virtual world that was created decades back was enhanced beyond comprehension with the presence of YouTube, and that applies to music producers too.
When YouTube entered the club, it was still quite early for most of the social media platforms to bloom. However, YouTube made creators understand exactly how important a virtual social network was to reach more and more people. Needless to say, it is one of the most crucial parts of making good videos on YouTube. A good social media account takes one a long way in their YouTube career.
However, there are other things that stand out more than anything else, content. Of course, there are several other things that teach you how to get more views on your YouTube music videos, and that is exactly what we are set to explore in this article. Learn this here now.
Now, getting more views on YouTube is definitely not rocket science. However, it is not a cakewalk too. YouTube has an algorithm that works to keep the viewers on the platform for as long as possible. This algorithm also recommends a truckload of content to its viewers based on their interests, thereby ensuring they stay the longest time on the application and view the ads. This, over the top, gives you one head up- it tells you what exactly you should aim for to get the attention of not only your viewers but also the YouTube algorithm itself.
This little piece of information, and some more details, in addition, empowered the formation of the following list of tips and tricks that will definitely help you increase your views on YouTube if done properly.
1. You should be top-notch with your basic knowledge about YouTube: Your basic knowledge about YouTube should be right in place. You can do this easily with the help of articles and videos that teach you and tell you all about the platform and the algorithm that drives the platform. Knowing YouTube inside and out gives you an edge over the others who don’t. Not many people bother to, and you must take advantage of this little detail.
2. Research more and more, and some more, about your niche and target audience: To do well on YouTube, you should research your niche and your target audience. If you are targeting a particular group, make sure you know everything about them. Be as specific as you can. Talk to these people and understand what they like and create your content accordingly.
3. Get your hands dirty with some top-tier SEO work: SEO, or Search Engine Optimization, is vital to the success of your YouTube channel. It helps your videos rank with the help of appropriate keywords. Believe it or not, SEO is a lot easier than you think it is. Again, learning all about SEO requires thorough research. Once you are done learning all about it, make sure you also implement those things. Experiment. That will help you understand what works for you and what does not.
4. Make full use of metadata: Metadata is the data that you give the algorithm about your video. It is not a lengthy string of words but can take your videos a long way on the platform. Make sure you include a crisp description, containing an optimum number of keywords. Do not overdo it. But also make sure you don’t mention one too less than what is required.
5. Make your thumbnails stand out: Thumbnails are powerful when it comes to YouTube. In some cases, it even helps your viewers identify and relate to your content. Your primary aim in designing a thumbnail should be to capture the attention of your audience. If your thumbnails can do that, you have won 20% of the war.
6. Always create playlists: Creating playlists helps your viewers stay on your channel(s) and on your videos. Additionally, you make things easier for YouTube by clubbing similar videos together.
7. Use good video-editing software to get your videos rolling: Video editing is an art and doing it well is half the war won. Use a good video editor, like Adobe Premier Rush or Movavi, to make videos of superb quality. You might have to invest in such apps, but it will all be worth it.
8. Get creative and imaginative with your videos: We have already spoken about content and how it is the most important pillar for your YouTube channel. However, you need other things too to make your videos stand out. Design a great intro and pair it up with a good outro. You can also hunt the Internet for creative YouTube end screen ideas. A catchy end screen makes your viewers come back just for the wow-factor. These give you a good grip on YouTube, too. Read the full info here.
9. Engage regularly with your viewers: Engaging with your audience gives you the traction you need to scale up your channel. If they send you a personal message on Instagram or Facebook, make the effort to read and reply. If they tag you in a post or in their stories, repost those uploads. If they know that they can give you their honest opinions and be candid with you, chances are, they will be loyal to your viewer base.
10. Collaborate with more successful channels: Collaborating with your competitors, especially the ones who are more successful, can give you the much-required visibility on YouTube.
11. Promote, promote, and PROMOTE!: Once you are done creating your YouTube music videos in accordance with all the points mentioned above, don’t forget to promote it on your social media channels. Ask your friends to help you with it and reach out to as many people as you can.
YouTube music videos can be mastered, but not without considerable struggles. However, once you have gained popularity among your viewers, the process will be a lot faster, thereby giving you a steady rise on the platform.