At the tender age of 18, and as a freshman at the University of Southern California, Justin Jay released his first EP on Claude Von Stroke’s label, Dirtybird. That was several years ago, and since then the young Californian has went on to be one of the prominent rising stars within the dance industry.
Since his rise to underground stardom there’s been ample coverage on his music career and unique story as a young scholar walking the halls of USC. From sleepless nights and even rejected demos from Claude Von Stroke, Justin Jay has shown relentless grit to follow his passion and express himself so well through music.
Here at 6AM Group we’ve always been very fond of Justin Jay as an artist, obviously, but also as an overall great human being. As we look through the archives of our Global Vibe Radio series, we couldn’t help but reminisce on one of our first few episodes with Justin Jay himself.
Enjoy this thirty minute throwback mix from the young Dirtybird, and make sure to stay up to date with Justin Jay for more musical satisfaction
1. Justin Jay – Escape Velocity
2. Mario Basanov – Skywalker (Beckwith Remix)
3. Parallel Dance Ensemble – Shopping Cart (Maxxi Soundsystem Remix)
4. Robosonic – The Edge
5. Justin Martin – Hood Rich
6. Amine Edge and Dance – Gimme Tha Fonky Ass
7. Hot Since 82 – Hit and Run
8. High Powered Boys – Udon (Julio Bashmore Sax-Dub)