Gabber Modus Operandi’s Ican Harem Apologizes for role in Sexual Violence Allegation

Ican Harem Apologizes for accusations
Author : Max Spruill
September 07, 2022

Gabber Modus Operandi’s Ican Harem Apologizes for role in Sexual Violence Allegation

Ican Harem, member of Gabber Modus Operandi (AKA GMO), has published a statement apologising for his role in a recent allegation of sexual violence.

Sign up to the 6AM Insider bi-weekly newsletter to keep up with the latest industry news, in-depth features & releases

Though Harem apologised “profusely to everyone involved for what happened between X and I, most importantly X herself,” he doesn’t mention sexual violence specifically. He also said the 2019 incident took place, to his understanding, “without any element of coercion, pressure, or intimidation, even though X and I weren’t in a good capacity to decide what actions we took.”

Since the allegation emerged last month via Twitter, Harem said he’s kept quiet to give X the chance to share her truth, “because I recognise that my position as a man is more advantageous in situations like this.”

Harem goes on to thank the other members of GMO, Kasimyn and Wok, his wife, Manda, and “everyone who tried to notify, contact, request information, and provide feedback.” He adds: “Critics are our friends, for they do show us a room for improvement.”

In response to the allegation, GMO suspended all activities, including a performance at MUTEK Montreal. Read Harem’s statement in full.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by ICAN HAREM (@icanharem)

Originally reported by RA.

Read Next: Recording Studios could Face Closure due to Rocketing Energy Prices