GOODNIGHT DAYLIGHT is an expansive retrospective compilation of the catalog’s most influential tracks, curated by Dustin Zahn and backed with new versions and remixes from Enemy’s latest crop of rising talent. The compilation features 5 new remixes of Dustin Zahn’s back catalog along with two new versions of Truncate’s cult classic, “Pad Mode.” It all caps off with a 31 minute odyssey from Minilogue that is finally available again for the first time in years.
Since 2004, Enemy Records has served as a hotbed for upcoming Techno producers and visionaries. Through Zahn’s careful A&R process, the label has been responsible for releasing a number of the earliest (and often times debut) EPs from artists such as DVS1, Truncate, Psyk, Regal, Boston 168, Emmanuel, Z.I.P.P.O (3KZ), Flug, and more. This foresight also extended to remixes and appearances from the likes of Donato Dozzy, Rrose, Mike Parker, and others during their meteoric ascent.
17 years and 65+ releases later, it can be difficult for aspiring DJs to know where to start looking. Goodnight Daylight dually pays homage to the artists of the back catalog while introducing the current generation to music they may have missed out on. New exclusive content also features a diverse range of remixes from Zahn’s old tracks featuring Blenk, Rene Wise, Nastia Reigel, Z.I.P.P.O and Gabriella Vergilov.
Two tracks which stood the test of time will stand just a little longer now, thanks to Truncate delivering faster, updated mixes of “Pad Mode” and “Truncate 18.” After a brief disappearance, the full 31-minute version of Minilogue’s “Clouds and Water” is available again.
The digital compilation will be supplemented with merchandise including reprints of the iconic “Goodnight Daylight” label shirts, and a highly limited mix tape for the 10 people who still have a tape deck. Additionally, a signed poster from select Enemy artists will be auctioned away for charity. Finally, some U.S. based artists will come together this year at Enemy Records’ first annual techno festival “The Great Beyond,” scheduled for July 30 through August 1st in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Enjoy the exclusive premiere of Dustin Zahn – Submit Yourself (Rene Wise Remix) from the GOODNIGHT DAYLIGHT compilation below:
01. Dustin Zahn – Illusory (Blenk Remix)
02. Dustin Zahn – Submit Yourself (Rene Wise Remix)
03. Dustin Zahn – Ascendant II (Gabriella Vergilov Remix)
04. Dustin Zahn – Sunday Night Fever (Z.I.P.P.O Remix)
05. Dustin Zahn – Bark Like a Dog for Me (Nastia Reigel Remix)
06. Truncate – Pad Mode (2021 Mix)
07. Truncate – 18 (2021 Mix)
08. Psyk – Track 3
09. DVS1 – Arrival (No Break)
10. Minilogue – Clouds and Water (Rrose Remix)
11. Freddy Fresh – Five More Mouths
12. Boston 168 – Acid Morning
13. Z.I.P.P.O – Insomnia
14. Minilogue – When Sadness Releases, Joy Arises (Donato Dozzy Remix)
15. Blenk – Raining
16. Ambivalent – Drag (Amotik Remix)
17. Gabriella Vergilov – One Step Ahead (Dustin Zahn Remix)
18. Dustin Zahn – Bark Like a Dog for Me
19. Flug – Analogical
20. Nastia Reigel – Acceptance
21. Birth of Frequency – In Their Steps
22. Nikola Gala – Exhale (Mark Broom Remix)
23. Dustin Zahn – Tiny Shocks
24. Emmanuel – Apno
25. Minilogue – Clouds and Water